Saturday 21 November 2020

Aisha's Haunted Days

Chapter Nine

The Poem

"Okayyyyyyy so that's chapter one." Said Maryam, snapping the book shut.

"AAAAAARRGGGGHHHH! Can't you read more??????" groaned/ asked Ali

"It's supposed to be a sleepover, not a readover." snapped Aisha, pointing at the clock (yes, there was a clock in the tree house).

02.00 A.M

"What-how-but..... I'm not sleepy!" Said Ali.

"Come to think of it none of us are." said Aliya.

"OK, fine."

"Two Month's after the worst month of my life I forgot completly about the ghost incident, I went out to ride my bike daily, went to go for errend's                              too.

Then one day I experienced another incident, This one wasn't Terrifying, but, here comes the big "but" it was confusing.

I was walking down the street, when a woman came.

"umm..excuse me, could you tell me where the nearest mosque is?" she asked.

I gave her the directions then something wierd happened.

the womans eye color changed from brown to cobalt blue then to ice blue then to teal blue then to purple blue then to navy blue and then to black.

Then she started to look older and older. Then she recited a poem.

"Those who speak to the twins of Blue

Know beyond what witches do

These are the people who try to defeat

But do not succeed

Daughters of the son

Waste no time, hurry for your time is running out

One is a mother

One is a friend

One has escaped

One needs to mend

Be brave young ones

And you will find

The greatest power

Not the sword

Not the mind

It comes from inside

So look within

You will fight

You need to win"


Then the woman coughed and returned to normal while I just stood there. Thoughts scurried through my mind, what did she mean by the twins of blue? What was this poem about? Try to defeat who? Was this a joke?

"Oh! So sorry! I must have dozed of."

"What did you mean by that poem?" I asked

"What poem?" Asked the woman. "I didn't recite any poem! Oh dear, you must have dozed of too!"

Then the woman walked away.

I still couldent forget about the poem, I ran home as fast as I could and wrote the poem down on a note-book.

Then I went to my older brother, Omar's room.

"Omar! Omaaaaar!" I yelled.

"Yeah?" Responded Omar.

I entered his room

"I was just out walking......" Then I told my older brother about the incident, Omar also listened in awe.

"and then the woman came back to her senses before I could ask her what she mea- hey what's the Matter?"

Omar kept looking more nervous and nervous by the moment.

He hesitantly got up from his chair and went to a drawer, opened it and pulled out a paper, yellowed with age.

Then he gave it to me.

I read it, then looked at Omar, horror-struck.

Omar also looked extremely scared.

The poem I had heard was writen down on the note-pad!


No comments:

Post a Comment